1. May improve mood disorders: Lavender is widely used as an aromatherapy agent to help with anxiety, depression and fatigue. Studies suggest that compounds in lavender may stimulate activity in certain areas of the brain and influence the transmission of impulses between brain cells in ways that boost mood and produce a calming effect.
2. May boost sleep: Studies suggest that breathing in lavender fragrance produced better sleep quality.
3. May improve skin health: Lavender oil has been shown to exhibit anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects. As a result, it’s used in topical applications to help fight acne, improve inflammatory skin conditions like psoriasis, and heal wounds or abrasions. This is mainly because lavender oil promoted the synthesis of the structural protein collagen.
4. May help with headaches: Studies have shown reduced headache severity and frequency with lavender therapy.
5. May improve your memory: A study conducted with students that took a sniff of lavender right before a test scored much higher than their peers!